* IN THE HIGH COURT OF DELHI AT NEW DELHI
Date of decision: 06.11.2019
+ CRL.M.C. 4209/2019 Crl.M.A. 34318/2019
RAJEEV KAPOOR ORS. ….. Petitioners
Through Mr.Deepak Vohra, Adv. with
Mr.Siddhat Jain, Adv.
STATE ANR. ….. Respondents
Through Mr. Kamal Kr. Ghei, APP for State.
Mr.M.L. Yadav, Adv. with Ms.Swati
Chawla, Mr.R.K. Kohli Ms.Jyoti
Kohli, Advs. for R-2 with R-2 in
HON’BLE MR. JUSTICE SURESH KUMAR KAIT
J U D G M E N T (ORAL)
1. Vide the present petition, the petitioners seek quashing of FIR
No.93/2013 registered at Police Station Kirti Nagar instituted for the
offences punishable under Sections 498A/Section406/Section34 of the IPC and consequent
proceedings arising therefrom.
2. Notice issued.
CRL.M.C.4209/2019 Page 1 of 3
3. Notice is accepted by learned APP for the State and counsel for the
respondent no.2 and with the consent of the counsel for the parties, the
present petition is taken up for final disposal.
4. The petitioner no.1 and respondent no.2 got married on 20.04.2008 as
per Hindu rites and rituals. One female child was born out of the wedlock
namely Shelja @ Riya. Due to extreme incompatibilities between the
petitioners and respondent no.2, they started living separately from
5. The petitioners and respondent no.2 with the intervention of their well
wishers and relatives have entered into an amicable settlement in
Counselling Cell vide settlement deed dated 20.09.2017 and settled all their
6. The complainant is present in person with her counsel and has been
identified by SI Ajay of Police Station Kirti Nagar and submits that matter
has been settled and she does not wish to prosecute the matter any further.
7. Taking into account the aforesaid facts, this Court is inclined to quash
the concerned FIR as no useful purpose would be served in prosecuting the
petitioners any further.
CRL.M.C.4209/2019 Page 2 of 3
8. For the reasons afore-recorded, the FIR No.93/2013 registered at
Police Station Kirti Nagar instituted for the offences punishable under
Sections 498A/Section406/Section34 of the IPC and consequent proceedings emanating
therefrom are quashed.
9. The petition is allowed and disposed of accordingly.
10. Pending application also stands disposed of.
11. Order dasti.
(SURESH KUMAR KAIT)
NOVEMBER 06, 2019
CRL.M.C.4209/2019 Page 3 of 3