* IN THE HIGH COURT OF DELHI AT NEW DELHI
% Judgment delivered on: 18.07.2018
+ CRL.M.C. 755/2018
RAJINDER AGGARWAL ….. Petitioner
STATE (NCT OF DELHI) ORS ….. Respondents
Advocates who appeared in this case:
For the Petitioners : Mr. Amarjeet Kumar, Advocate.
For the Respondents: Mr. Sanjeev Sabharwal, APP for the State.
SI Davender, PS Dabri.
HON’BLE MR JUSTICE SANJEEV SACHDEVA
SANJEEV SACHDEVA, J. (ORAL)
Exemption is allowed subject to all just exceptions.
CRL.M.C. 755/2018 Crl.M.A.11904/2018 (for taking correct
address of R-2 on record)
1. The petitioner seeks quashing of FIR No.421/2012 under
Sections 498A/34 IPC, Police Station Dabri.
2. The subject FIR emanates out of matrimonial discord.
Petitioner is father in law of the complainant/respondent No.2. The
husband of the complainant has since expired.
CRL.M.C. 755/2018 Page 1 of 2
3. Learned counsel for the petitioner submits that the parties have
settled their disputes and a Memorandum of Understanding dated
08.02.2018 has been executed between the parties.
4. The respondent No.2 is present in person and is identified by
the Investigating Officer. She submits that she has settled her disputes
with the petitioner and does not wish to press charges against the
petitioner and prosecute the complaint any further.
5. In view of the fact that the proceedings emanate out of a
matrimonial discord and the parties have fully and finally settled their
disputes and the respondent No.2 has stated that she does not wish to
press the complaint any further, continuation of criminal proceedings
will be an exercise in futility and justice in the case demands that the
dispute between the parties is put to an end and peace is restored;
securing the ends of justice being the ultimate guiding factor. It would
be expedient to quash the subject FIR and the consequent proceedings
emanating there from.
6. In view of the above, the petition is allowed. FIR No.421/2012
under Sections 498A/34 IPC, Police Station Dabri and the consequent
proceedings emanating there from are quashed.
7. Order Dasti under the signatures of the Court Master.
JULY 18, 2018/st SANJEEV SACHDEVA, J
CRL.M.C. 755/2018 Page 2 of 2