* IN THE HIGH COURT OF DELHI AT NEW DELHI
Date of decision: 08.01.2020
+ CRL.M.C. 35/2020
RAJNEESH ORS. ….. Petitioners
Through: Mr.Dinesh Rohilla, Adv. with
Mr.Mohan Singh, Adv. with
petitioners in person.
STATE ANR. ….. Respondents
Through: Mr. Izhar Ahmed, APP for State.
Mr.Anshul Gupta, Adv. for R-2 with
R-2 in person.
W/SI Pinki Dhaniya PS Prasad Nagar.
HON’BLE MR. JUSTICE SURESH KUMAR KAIT
J U D G M E N T (ORAL)
Crl. M.A. 173/2020
1. Allowed, subject to all just exceptions.
2. Application is disposed of.
3. Vide the present petition, the petitioners seek quashing of FIR
No.641/2014 dated 14.11.2014 registered at Police Station Prasad Nagar
CRL.M.C.35/2020 Page 1 of 3
instituted for the offences punishable under Sections 498A/406/34 of the
IPC and consequent proceedings arising therefrom.
4. Notice issued.
5. Notice is accepted by learned APP for the State and counsel for the
respondent no.2 and with the consent of the counsel for the parties, the
present petition is taken up for final disposal.
6. The petitioner no.1 and respondent no.2 got married on 19.06.2014 as
per Hindu rites and rituals. Due to extreme incompatibilities between the
petitioners and respondent no.2, they started living separately from
7. The petitioners and respondent no.2 with the intervention of their
well wishers and relatives entered into an amicable settlement before
Mediation Centre, Tis Hazari Courts, Delhi vide settlement deed dated
21.02.2019 and settled all their disputes amicably.
8. The complainant/respondent no.2 is present in person with her
counsel and has been identified by W/SI Pinki Dhaniya and submits that
matter has been settled and she does not wish to prosecute the matter any
CRL.M.C.35/2020 Page 2 of 3
9. Taking into account the aforesaid facts, this Court is inclined to quash
the FIR as no useful purpose would be served in prosecuting the petitioners
10. For the reasons afore-recorded, the FIR No.641/2014 dated
14.11.2014 registered at Police Station Prasad Nagar instituted for the
offences punishable under Sections 498A/406/34 of the IPC and consequent
proceedings emanating therefrom are quashed.
11. The petition is allowed and disposed of accordingly.
12. Order dasti
(SURESH KUMAR KAIT)
JANUARY 08, 2020
CRL.M.C.35/2020 Page 3 of 3