HIGH COURT OF JUDICATURE AT ALLAHABAD
?Court No. – 71
Case :- CRIMINAL MISC. BAIL APPLICATION No. – 54274 of 2019
Applicant :- Ram Bhajan
Opposite Party :- State of U.P.
Counsel for Applicant :- Radhey Shyam Yadav
Counsel for Opposite Party :- G.A.
Hon’ble Saumitra Dayal Singh,J.
1. Heard Sri Radhey Shyam Yadav, learned counsel for the applicant as well as Sri C.P. Singh, learned AGA for the State and perused the material placed on record.
3. The instant bail application has been filed on behalf of the applicant – Ram Bhajan with a prayer to release him on bail in Case Crime No. – 280 of 2019, under Sections – 354 SectionIPC and 7/8 POCSO Act, Police Station – Maudarwaja, District – Farrukhabad, during pendency of trial.
3. Having heard learned counsel for the parties, at present:
(i) the applicant is accused of offence of molestation of minor child, punishable with imprisonment of five years;
(ii) against FIR lodged on 22.10.2019, the applicant is in confinement since 24.10.2019;
(iii) the applicant claims to have cooperated in the investigation. In any case he is not shown to have unduly evaded arrest;
(iv) the applicant has no criminal history;
(v) charge-sheet has already been submitted yet there is no hope of early conclusion of the trial;
(vi) on prima facie basis only, it has been submitted by learned counsel for the applicant, there is no injury suffered by the victim. In absence of any criminal history and keeping in mind the nature of allegations made and it is found recorded in the statement of the victim that the applicant had been beaten on the spot, the applicant is found entitled to bail;
(vii) in any case, no reasonable apprehension has been brought to the fore by the State and that the applicant, if enlarged on bail would either tamper with the evidence or delay the trial.
4. In view of the above, without expressing any opinion on the final merits of the case, let the applicant involved in the aforesaid crime be released on bail, on his furnishing a personal bond and two sureties each in the like amount, to the satisfaction of the court concerned, with the following conditions:-
(i) The applicant shall not tamper with the prosecution evidence by intimidating/pressuring the witness, during the investigation or trial.
(ii) The applicant shall cooperate in the trial sincerely without seeking any adjournment.
(iii) The applicant shall not indulge in any criminal activity or commission of any crime after being released on bail.
5. In case, of breach of any of the above conditions, the bail being granted shall be cancelled.
6. Identity, status and residence proof of the applicant and sureties be verified by the court concerned before the bonds are accepted.
Order Date :- 6.12.2019