* IN THE HIGH COURT OF DELHI AT NEW DELHI
Date of decision: 07.02.2020
+ CRL.M.C. 698/2020
RAVINDER @ RAVI ORS ….. Petitioner
Through: Ms. Ruchi Sinha, Advocate
STATE ANR ….. Respondent
Through: Mr. Izhar Ahmed, APP for State with
SI Manoj P.S. Kanjhawala.
Mr. Saurabh Srivastava, Advocate for
R-2 with R-2 in person.
HON’BLE MR. JUSTICE SURESH KUMAR KAIT
J U D G M E N T (ORAL)
CRL.M.A. 2882/2020 (Exemption)
1. Allowed, subject to all just exception.
2. Application is disposed of.
3. Vide the present petition, the petitioners seek quashing of FIR No.
828/2014 dated 16.10.2014 registered at Police Station Kanjhawala and
consequent proceedings arising therefrom.
CRL.M.C. 698/2020 Page 1 of 3
4. Notice issued.
5. Notice is accepted by learned APP for the State and counsel for the
respondent no.2 and with the consent of the counsel for the parties, the
present petition is taken up for final disposal.
6. Petitioner No.1 and respondent no.2 got married on 20.02.2012 as per
Hindu rites and rituals and out of the said wedlock two children, namely,
Son Yansh and daughter Jivika were born.
7. Petitioners and respondent No.2, with the intervention of their well
wishers and relatives have entered into an amicable settlement vide
Memorandum of Understanding executed on 07.01.2020 and settled all their
8. The complainant is present in person with her counsel and has been
identified by SI Manoj of Police Station Kanjhawala and submits that matter
has been settled and she does not wish to prosecute the matter any further.
9. Taking into account the aforesaid facts, this Court is inclined to quash
FIR as no useful purpose would be served in prosecuting the petitioners any
10. For the reasons afore-recorded, the FIR No. 828/2014 dated
16.10.2014 registered at Police Station Kanjhawala instituted for the
CRL.M.C. 698/2020 Page 2 of 3
offences punishable under Sections 498A/406/34 of the IPC and consequent
proceedings therefrom are quashed.
11. The petition is allowed and disposed of accordingly.
(SURESH KUMAR KAIT)
FEBRUARY 7, 2020
CRL.M.C. 698/2020 Page 3 of 3