SC and HC Judgments Online at MyNation

Judgments of Supreme Court of India and High Courts

Samarjeet Singh vs Vandana Singh on 14 January, 2019

TA-1104-2018 -1-


TA-1104-2018 (OM)
Date of decision: 14.01.2019

Samarjeet Singh

Vandana Singh



Present: Ms. Paramjit Kaur Deol, Advocate
for the applicant.

Mr. Himanshu, Advocate for the respondent.

H.S. MADAAN, J. (Oral)

By way of filing the present application, applicant Samarjeet

Singh prays for transfer of petition under Section 25 of Guardians and

Wards Act, 1890 filed by his wife Vandana Singh, respondent against him

having title ‘Vandana Singh Vs. Samarjeet Singh and others’ seeking

custody of minor daughter of the parties, namely, Japman Kaur residing

with the applicant at Amritsar, such petition being pending before the

Principal District Judge, Family Court, Karnal to the Court of competent

jurisdiction at Amritsar.

Notice of the application was given to the respondent, who

put in appearance through counsel.

I have heard learned counsel for the parties besides going

through the record.

Section 9 of the Guardians and Wards Acts provides that the

1 of 2
20-01-2019 11:39:02 :::
TA-1104-2018 -2-

application with respect to the guardianship of a person of the minor shall

be made to the District Court having jurisdiction over the place where the

minor ordinarily resides. It being so, only the competent Court at

Amritsar appears to have the jurisdiction to entertain and try the petition.

Thus, the applicant may approach the trial Court moving appropriate

application seeking return of the petition to the petitioner for presenting it

in the Court having competent jurisdiction. The trial Court may pass

appropriate order on such application. However, if after disposal of the

application, the applicant is still aggrieved, he can approach this Court

again moving similar type of application.

The present application stands disposed of accordingly.

14.01.2019 (H.S. MADAAN)
sumit.k JUDGE

Whether speaking/reasoned : Yes No
Whether Reportable : Yes No

2 of 2
20-01-2019 11:39:02 :::

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Not found ...? HOW TO WIN 498a, DV, DIVORCE; Search in Above link
MyNation Times Magzine

All Law documents and Judgment copies
Laws and Bare Acts of India
Landmark SC/HC Judgements
Rules and Regulations of India.


Copyright © 2021 SC and HC Judgments Online at MyNation

Free Legal Help, Just WhatsApp Away

MyNation HELP line

We are Not Lawyers, but No Lawyer will give you Advice like We do

Please read Group Rules – CLICK HERE, If You agree then Please Register CLICK HERE and after registration  JOIN WELCOME GROUP HERE

We handle Women Centric biased laws like False Sectioin 498A IPC, Domestic Violence(DV ACT), Divorce, Maintenance, Alimony, Child Custody, HMA 24, 125 CrPc, 307, 312, 313, 323, 354, 376, 377, 406, 420, 497, 506, 509; TEP, RTI and many more…

MyNation FoundationMyNation FoundationMyNation Foundation