* IN THE HIGH COURT OF DELHI AT NEW DELHI
Date of decision: 13.01.2020
+ CRL.M.C. 106/2020
SAMRAT RAY ORS ….. Petitioners
Through Mr.Akash Vajpai, Adv. with
Mr.Askhay Ravi, Adv. with
petitioners in person.
GOVT. OF NCT OF DELHI ANR ….. Respondents
Through Mr.Izhar Ahmed, APP for State.
SI Akash Deep PS Roop Nagar.
Mr.Vishesh Wadhwa, Adv. for R-2
with R-2 in person.
HON’BLE MR. JUSTICE SURESH KUMAR KAIT
J U D G M E N T (ORAL)
1. Vide the present petition, the petitioners seek quashing of FIR
No.267/2018 dated 20.12.2018 registered at Police Station Roop Nagar
instituted for the offences punishable under Sections 498A/406/34 of the
IPC and consequent proceedings arising therefrom.
2. Notice issued.
CRL.M.C.106/2020 Page 1 of 3
3. Notice is accepted by learned APP for the State and counsel for the
respondent no.2 and with the consent of the counsel for the parties, the
present petition is taken up for final disposal.
4. The petitioner no.1 and respondent no.2 got married on 15.12.2014 as
per Hindu rites and rituals. Due to extreme incompatibilities between the
petitioners and respondent no.2, they started living separately.
5. The petitioners and respondent no.2 with the intervention of their well
wishers and relatives entered into an amicable settlement vide settlement
deed dated 05.08.2019 and settled all their disputes amicably.
6. The complainant/respondent no.2 is present in person with her
counsel and has been identified by SI Akash Deep and submits that matter
has been settled and she does not wish to prosecute the matter any further.
7. Taking into account the aforesaid facts, this Court is inclined to quash
the FIR as no useful purpose would be served in prosecuting the petitioners
8. For the reasons afore-recorded, the FIR No.267/2018 dated
20.12.2018 registered at Police Station Roop Nagar instituted for the
offences punishable under Sections 498A/406/34 of the IPC and consequent
proceedings emanating therefrom are quashed.
CRL.M.C.106/2020 Page 2 of 3
9. The petition is allowed and disposed of accordingly.
10. Order dasti.
(SURESH KUMAR KAIT)
JANUARY 13, 2020
CRL.M.C.106/2020 Page 3 of 3