SC and HC Judgments Online at MyNation

Judgments of Supreme Court of India and High Courts

Sarabjit Kaur vs State Of Punjab & Others on 3 May, 2018

CWP No.11040 of 2018 [1]


CWP No.11040 of 2018
Date of decision:03.05.2018

Sarabjit Kaur …Petitioner
State of Punjab and others …Respondents

Coram: Hon’ble Mr. Justice Rakesh Kumar Jain

Present: Mr. S.S.Rana, Advocate,
for the petitioner.

Rakesh Kumar Jain, J. (Oral)

This petition has been filed by a convict, presently lodged in

Central Jail, Ludhiana, for seeking extension of parole upto 30.05.2018 on the

ground that she had delivered a child on 20.03.2018.

In brief, the petitioner was convicted and sentenced for life

imprisonment on 05.03.2005 in a case registered vide FIR No.74 dated

05.11.1998, under Sections 302, 304-B, 34 and 498A IPC at P.S. Sudhar,

District Ludhiana. She was granted parole by the Jail Authorities on

18.01.2018 as she was expecting a child. She had earlier come to this Court by

way of CWP No.4716 of 2018 for extension of parole w.e.f. 02.03.2018

onwards on the ground that she was in the family way and was expected to

deliver the child on 24.03.2018. The said writ petition was allowed on

07.03.2018 and the parole already granted to her was extended for a further

period of 8 weeks w.e.f. 07.03.2018. The said period has come to an end on


1 of 2
06-05-2018 03:56:21 :::
CWP No.11040 of 2018 [2]

The petitioner has again approached this Court for the purpose of

extension of parole on the ground that she had delivered the child on

20.03.2018 and requires some more time to recover.

After hearing learned counsel for the petitioner and examining the

available record, I am of the considered opinion that the parole already granted

to the petitioner cannot be extended as the petitioner has already got more than

40 days after the birth of her child for the purpose of recovery.

With these observations, the present petition is hereby dismissed.

May 03, 2018 (Rakesh Kumar Jain)
vinod* Judge

Whether speaking / reasoned: Yes/No
Whether Reportable: Yes/No

2 of 2
06-05-2018 03:56:22 :::

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Not found ...? HOW TO WIN 498a, DV, DIVORCE; Search in Above link
MyNation Times Magzine

All Law documents and Judgment copies
Laws and Bare Acts of India
Landmark SC/HC Judgements
Rules and Regulations of India.


Copyright © 2021 SC and HC Judgments Online at MyNation

Free Legal Help, Just WhatsApp Away

MyNation HELP line

We are Not Lawyers, but No Lawyer will give you Advice like We do

Please read Group Rules – CLICK HERE, If You agree then Please Register CLICK HERE and after registration  JOIN WELCOME GROUP HERE

We handle Women Centric biased laws like False Sectioin 498A IPC, Domestic Violence(DV ACT), Divorce, Maintenance, Alimony, Child Custody, HMA 24, 125 CrPc, 307, 312, 313, 323, 354, 376, 377, 406, 420, 497, 506, 509; TEP, RTI and many more…

MyNation FoundationMyNation FoundationMyNation Foundation