* IN THE HIGH COURT OF DELHI AT NEW DELHI
% Judgment delivered on: 01.05.2018
+ BAIL APPLN. 427/2018
SARDAR RAI @ BRAJESH KUMAR ….. Petitioner
GOVT. OF NCT OF DELHI ….. Respondent
Advocates who appeared in this case:
For the Petitioner : Mr. S. Chakraborty and Mr. Prabhat Jeevan,
For the Respondent : Mr. Mukesh Kumar, Addl. PP for the State
with Inspr. Ram Niwas
HON’BLE MR JUSTICE SANJEEV SACHDEVA
SANJEEV SACHDEVA, J. (ORAL)
1. The petitioner seeks anticipatory bail in case FIR No. 377 of
2017 under Sections 498A/304B/34 of the IPC Police Station Sarita
Vihar, New Delhi.
2. The petitioner was granted interim protection on 21.02.2018
subject to his joining investigation. Learned Addl. PP submits that the
petitioner did join the investigation in terms of the order of the Court.
Chargesheet has been filed and the petitioner is named in column 11,
BAIL APPLN. 427/2018 Page 1 of 2
however, in view of the interim protection he was not arrested.
3. Learned Addl. PP submits that since the chargesheet has been
filed, in terms of the judgment of the Supreme Court, dated
27.03.2018, in Satpal Singh vs. The State of Punjab in SLP No.
1428/2018, petitioner would be required to file an application seeking
regular bail from the concerned trial court.
4. In view of the above, learned counsel for the petitioner submits
that the petitioner shall be moving an application seeking regular bail
tomorrow itself as the matter is listed before the concerned court
5. In view of the above, the petition is disposed of with liberty to
the petitioner to approach the concerned court for moving application
for grant of regular bail. It is directed that the interim protection
granted to the petitioner by order dated 21.02.2018 shall continue till
the disposal of the application of the petitioner for grant of regular
bail, by the Trial Court in accordance with law.
6. The petition is disposed of in the above terms.
7. Order Dasti under signatures of the Court Master.
SANJEEV SACHDEVA, J
MAY 01, 2018
BAIL APPLN. 427/2018 Page 2 of 2