* IN THE HIGH COURT OF DELHI AT NEW DELHI
Date of decision:27.09.2019
+ CRL.M.C. 4951/2019
SH. AKIL @ AQIL ORS. ….. Petitioners
Through Mr. Sharik Ansari, Adv.
STATE ANR. ….. Respondents
Through Mr. K. K. Ghai, APP for State.
Insp. Pramod Joshi (SHO)
HON’BLE MR. JUSTICE SURESH KUMAR KAIT
J U D G M E N T (ORAL)
CRL.M.A. 37129/2019 (Exemption)
1. Allowed, subject to all just exceptions.
2. This application is, accordingly, disposed of.
3. Vide the present petition, the petitioners seek quashing of FIR
No.465/16 dated 20/09/2007 registered at Police Station Gokul Puri
instituted for the offences punishable under Sections 498A/Section406/Section34 of the
IPC and consequent proceedings arising therefrom.
4. Notice issued.
5. Notice is accepted by the learned APP for the State and respondent
CRL.M.C. 4951/2019 Page 1 of 3
no.2 in person. With the consent of the counsel for the parties, the present
petition is taken up for final disposal.
6. Petitioner no.1 and respondent no.2 got married on 08.04.2007 as per
Hindu rites and rituals. Due to extreme incompatibilities between them, they
started living separately from 20.05.2015.
7. Petitioner no.1 and respondent no.2 with the intervention of their well
wishers and relatives entered into an amicable settlement before Delhi
Mediation Centre Karkardooma Courts, Delhi vide settlement deed dated
22.09.2019 and settled all their disputes amicably.
8. The total settlement amount is ₹3,00,000/-(Rupees Three Lakhs only).
It is submitted that the Respondent No. 2 has already received an amount of
₹2 lakhs (Rupees Two Lakhs only). A demand draft bearing No.366777
dated 26.09.2019 for the balance amount of ₹1,00,000/- (Rupees One Lakh
only) is handed over to respondent No. 2 today in the Court.
9. The complainant is present in person with her counsel and has been
identified by Insp. Pramod Joshi, Police Station Gokul Puri and submits that
the matter has been settled and she does not wish to pursue the matter any
10. Taking into account the aforesaid facts, this Court is inclined to quash
CRL.M.C. 4951/2019 Page 2 of 3
the concerned FIR as no useful purpose would be served in prosecuting the
petitioners any further.
11. For the reasons afore-recorded, FIR No.465/16 dated 20/09/2007
registered at Police Station Gokul Puri instituted for the offences punishable
under Sections 498A/Section406/Section34 of the IPC and consequent proceedings
therefrom are quashed.
12. The petition is allowed accordingly.
13. Order dasti, under the signature of Court Master.
(SURESH KUMAR KAIT)
SEPTEMBER 27, 2019
CRL.M.C. 4951/2019 Page 3 of 3