* IN THE HIGH COURT OF DELHI AT NEW DELHI
Date of decision: 11.09.2019
+ CRL.M.C. 4287/2019
SH. HARVINDER PAL ORS. ….. Petitioners
Through Mr. Anuj Kumar, Advocate.
STATE ORS. ….. Respondents
Through Mr. M.S. Oberoi, APP with SI Vinay,
PS Anand Parbat.
Mr. Abhimanyu Sharma, Advocate
for R-2 with R-2 in person.
HON’BLE MR. JUSTICE SURESH KUMAR KAIT
J U D G M E N T (ORAL)
1. Vide the present petition, the petitioners seek direction thereby
quashing FIR No. 182/2013 dated 24.09.2013, registered at PS -Anand
Parbat for the offences punishable under Sections 498A/Section406/Section34 of the IPC
and consequent proceedings arising therefrom.
2. Notice issued.
3. Notice is accepted by learned APP for the State and counsel for the
respondent no.2 and with the consent of the counsel for the parties, the
present petition is taken up for final disposal.
4. The petitioners and respondent no.2 got married on 22.06.2008 as per
Hindu rites and rituals.
CRL.M.C. 4287/2019 Page 1 of 2
5. The petitioners and respondent no.2 with the intervention of their well
wishers and relatives entered into an amicable settlement vide settlement
deed dated 05.05.2017. They had started living together as husband and wife
happily and settled all their disputes amicably.
6. The respondent No. 2/complainant is present in person with her
counsel and has been identified by SI Vinay of Police Station Anand Parbat
and submits that matter has been settled and she does not wish to prosecute
the matter any further.
7. Taking into account the aforesaid facts, this Court is inclined to quash
the concerned FIR as no useful purpose would be served in prosecuting the
petitioners any further.
8. For the reasons afore-recorded, the FIR No. 182/2013 dated
24.09.2013 registered at Police Station Anand Parbat instituted for the
offences punishable under Sections 498A/Section406/Section34 of the IPC and consequent
proceedings therefrom are quashed.
9. The petition is allowed accordingly.
10. Order dasti.
(SURESH KUMAR KAIT)
SEPTEMBER 11, 2019
CRL.M.C. 4287/2019 Page 2 of 2