* IN THE HIGH COURT OF DELHI AT NEW DELHI
Date of decision: 20.09.2019
+ CRL.M.C. 4753/2019
SHASHI SHARMA ORS ….. Petitioners
Through: Mr. Chetanya Kakar, Adv.
STATE ANR ….. Respondents
Through: Mr. M.S. Oberoi, APP for State with
ASI Yogesh Kumar, PS – Rajouri
Garden, New Delhi
HON’BLE MR. JUSTICE SURESH KUMAR KAIT
J U D G M E N T (ORAL)
CRL.M.As. 36333-34/2019 (Exemption)
1. Allowed, subject to all just exceptions.
2. Applications stand disposed of accordingly.
CRL.M.C. 4753/2019 and CRL.M.A. 36332/2019
3. Vide the present petition, the petitioners seek quashing of FIR No.
203/2017 dated 22.04.2017 registered at Police Station – Rajouri Garden,
New Delhi, instituted for the offences punishable under Sections
498A/Section406/Section34 of the IPC and consequent proceedings arising therefrom.
CRL.M.C. 4753/2019 Page 1 of 3
4. Notice issued.
5. Notice is accepted by learned APP for the State and counsel for the
respondent no.2 and with the consent of the counsel for the parties, the
present petition is taken up for final disposal.
6. On 23.01.2013, the respondent no.2 got married to Sh. Pranay Vats
(Late), who was the son of petitioner nos. 1 and 2, as per Hindu rites and
7. The petitioners and respondent no.2 have entered into an amicable
settlement vide settlement agreement dated 27.03.2019 and settled all their
8. The total settlement amount is ₹7,50,000/-(Rupees Seven Lakhs Fifty
Thousand only). It is submitted that the respondent no. 2 has already
received an amount of ₹5 lakhs (Rupees Five Lakhs only). A demand draft
bearing No.768642 dated 19.07.2019 for the balance amount of ₹2,50,000/-
(Rupees Two Lakhs and Fifty Thousand only) is handed over to the
respondent no. 2 today in the Court.
9. The complainant/ respondent no. 2 is present in person in the Court
with her counsel and has been identified by ASI Yogesh Kumar of Police
CRL.M.C. 4753/2019 Page 2 of 3
Station – Rajouri Garden and submits that the matter has been settled and
she does not wish to prosecute the matter any further.
10. Taking into account the aforesaid facts, this Court is inclined to quash
the concerned FIR as no useful purpose would be served in prosecuting the
petitioners any further.
11. For the reasons afore-recorded, the FIR No. 203/2017 dated
22.04.2017 registered at Police Station – Rajouri Garden, New Delhi,
instituted for the offences punishable under Sections 498A/Section406/Section34 of the
IPC and consequent proceedings therefrom are quashed.
12. The petition is allowed accordingly. Pending application also stands
13. Order dasti, under the signature of Court Master.
(SURESH KUMAR KAIT)
SEPTEMBER 20, 2019
CRL.M.C. 4753/2019 Page 3 of 3