* IN THE HIGH COURT OF DELHI AT NEW DELHI
Date of decision: 04.09.2019
+ CRL.M.C. 4419/2019
SHRI PRAKASH ORS. ….. Petitioners
Through Mr. Swaran Kamal Singh, Adv. for P-
1 to 4.
STATE ANR. ….. Respondents
Through Mr. Izhar Ahmad, APP for State.
HON’BLE MR. JUSTICE SURESH KUMAR KAIT
J U D G M E N T (ORAL)
Crl.M.A. 35025/2019 (Exemption)
1. Allowed, subject to all just exceptions.
2. This application is, accordingly, disposed of.
Crl.M.C.4419/2019 Crl.M.A. 35024/2019
3. Vide the present petition, the petitioners seek quashing of FIR No.
263/2014 registered at Police Station Mian Wali instituted for the offences
punishable under Sections 498A/Section406/Section34 of the IPC and consequent
proceedings arising therefrom.
4. Notice issued.
CRL.M.C. 4419/2019 Page 1 of 3
5. Notice is accepted by learned APP for the State and counsel for the
respondent no.2 and with the consent of the counsel for the parties, the
present petition is taken up for final disposal.
6. The petitioner no.1 and respondent no.2 got married on 22.11.2004.
Due to extreme incompatibilities between the petitioners and respondent
no.2, they started living separately from 11.06.2012.
7. The petitioner no.1 and respondent no.2 with the intervention of their
well wishers and relatives entered into an amicable settlement before the
Delhi Mediation Centre, Tis Hazari Courts, Delhi vide settlement deed dated
06.01.2015 whereby they settled all their disputes amicably and started
living together as husband and wife, to discharge their matrimonial
obligations against each other.
8. The complainant/respondent no.2 is present in person and has
produced her Voter ID Card issued by Election Commission of India bearing
No.IPN2456761 (Original Seen and Returned) and submits that matter has
been settled and she does not wish to prosecute the matter any further.
9. Taking into account the aforesaid facts, this Court is inclined to quash
the concerned FIR as no useful purpose would be served in prosecuting the
petitioners any further.
CRL.M.C. 4419/2019 Page 2 of 3
10. For the reasons afore-recorded, the FIR No. 263/2014 registered at
Police Station Mian Wali instituted for the offences punishable under
Sections 498A/Section406/Section34 of the IPC and consequent proceedings are quashed.
11. The petition is allowed accordingly.
12. Order dasti.
13. Pending application also stands disposed of.
(SURESH KUMAR KAIT)
SEPTEMBER 04, 2019
CRL.M.C. 4419/2019 Page 3 of 3