HIGH COURT OF JUDICATURE FOR RAJASTHAN AT
S.B. Criminal Revision Petition No. 606 / 1999
Smt. Dhan Laxmi w/o Shri Laxmi Narain Singh, by caste Rajput,
Resident of HIA 167, Rawatbhata, District Chittorgarh.
1. State of Rajasthan.
2. Laxmi Narain son of Shri Ram Singh Rajput, by caste Rajput,
R/o Dadabari, House No.4 N 9, Kota.
3. Shakuntala w/o Shri Vishan Singh Rajput, Resident of A-63,
Extention Scheme, Kota.
For Petitioner(s) : Mr. Vineet Jain.
For Respondent(s) : Mr. J.P. Bhardwaj, PP.
HON’BLE THE CHIEF JUSTICE
1. R/2 Laxmi Narain married petitioner on 18.05.1994. R/3 is
the sister of R/2. Petitioner alleged dowry harassment. FIR for
offence punishable under Section 498A IPC was registered. After
investigation the challan was filed. Laxmi Narain was charged for
the offence punishable under Section 498A IPC and Shakuntala for
the offence punishable under Section 498A/109 IPC. Vide decision
dated 15.07.1999 the accused have been acquitted.
2. Having perused the evidence I find that the petitioner
admitted having left the matrimonial house on 29.09.1994.
3. Learned counsel for the petitioner states that the petitioner
is not in touch with him. Unfortunately, none has appeared for
R/2 and R/3 and thus the current matrimonial status of the parties
(2 of 2)
cannot be ascertained by this Court.
4. Repeated notices sent to R/2 and R/3 are being returned
with the report that they are no longer available at the given
5. The reason for acquitting the accused is that during the
period petitioner stayed in her matrimonial house she did not
make any complaint to her parents regarding dowry harassment.
6. Good reasons have been given by the learned trial Judge and
thus, I dismiss the petition.