HIGH COURT OF JUDICATURE FOR RAJASTHAN AT
S.B. Civil Transfer Appl. No. 33 / 2017
Smt. Santosh W/o Shri Prithvi Singh,, Aged About 37 Years, R/o
Village-Ledi, Tehsil-Ladnoo, District-Nagaur (Raj.).
Prithvi Singh S/o Shri Amar Singh,, R/o Village-Bambo, Tehsil-
Sujangarh, District-Churu (Raj.) At Present Posted As Conistable in
P.S. Ratangarh, District Churu (Raj.)
For Petitioner(s) : Mr. Ravindra Singh
For Respondent(s) : Mr. Kan Singh Oad
HON’BLE MR. JUSTICE PANKAJ BHANDARI
Judgment / Order
1. Petitioner has preferred this transfer petition under Section
24 of C.P.C. seeking transfer of application filed by the husband
under Section 25 of the Guardian and Wards Act seeking custody
of minor son Yogendra Singh, pending before the Additional
District Judge, Ratangar to Additional District Judge, Didwana
2. It is contended by the counsel for the petitioner that a
petition under Section 13 was also filed by the respondent
husband which has been transferred by order of the High Court to
3. It is also contended that the proceedings under Section 498-
(2 of 3)
A, 406, 494 I.P.C. are also pending in District Nagaur.
4. Counsel for the respondent has opposed the transfer
petition. His contention is that distance between Ratangarh and
the place where petitioner is residing is less than the distance
between Didwana Court and the place where the petitioner is
5. It is also contended that the respondent is posted at
Sardarshahar. Transfer of the case to Didwana would cause
inconvenience to him as he is a constable and he would have to
take leave from the Office for attending the Court at Didwana.
6. I have considered the contentions.
7. As per Sub Section 5 of Section 4 of the Guardian and Wards
Act, 1890. The Court having jurisdiction to entertain the
application under this Act and matter relating to the presence of
ward is the District Court having jurisdiction in the place where
the minor is ordinarily residing.
8. Admittedly, petitioner’s son Yogendra Singh who is a minor is
residing in District Nagaur and therefore, the Additional District
Judge, Didwana would have jurisdiction with relation to application
filed under Section 25 of the Guardian and Ward Act. Even
otherwise since the High Court has earlier transferred the petition
filed under Section 13 to the Additional District Judge, Didwana,
the application filed by the petitioner deserves to be allowed.
9. Application is allowed. Case No.65/2016 filed under Section
25 of the Guardian and Wards Act pending before the Additional
District and Sessions Judge, Ratangarh is transferred to Additional
(3 of 3)
District Judge, Didwana District, Nagaur.
11. Copy of this order be sent to Additional District Judge,
Ratangarh for compliance. Stay application stands disposed of.
(PANKAJ BHANDARI), J.