HIGH COURT OF JUDICATURE FOR RAJASTHAN AT
S.B. Criminal Revision No. 145 / 1997
State of Rajasthan
1. Mumtaz Ali son of Noor Mohd.
2. Smt. Hazara w/o Noor Mohd.
Both by caste Musalman resident of Kumharon ka Mohalla,
P.S. Gangashar, Bikaner.
For Petitioner(s) : None.
For Respondent(s) : Mr. J.P. Bhardwaj, PP.
HON’BLE THE CHIEF JUSTICE
1. As per the statement made by the complainant alleging
dowry harassment she stated that 10-12 years before the date
when she approached the Police Authorities she had returned to
her parental house. On the basis of the statement FIR for an
offence punishable under Section 498A IPC was registered.
2. With reference to Section 468 Cr.P.C. the learned Magistrate
has rightly returned the finding that it was a case where limitation
came in the way. The learned Magistrate has refused to take
3. I have perused the statement of the complainant. As per her
statement she had left the house of her inlaws 10-12 years back.
4. In the revision petition it is stated that the offence
punishable under Section 498A IPC is continuous offence.
(2 of 2)
5. It is not so.
6. I have perused the statement made by the lady. She does
not talk of any illegal detention of her property. On her statement
no offence is made out under Section 406 IPC.
7. The petition is dismissed.