Try out our Premium Member services: Virtual Legal Assistant, Query Alert Service and an ad-free experience. Free for one month and pay only if you like it.
*IN THE HIGH COURT OF DELHI AT NEW DELHI
Date of decision: March 15, 2021
+ CRL.M.C. 864/2021
SUMIT DAGA ORS. ….. Petitioners
Through: Mr. S.L.Jain, Advocate
THE STATE ANR. …. Respondents
Through: Mr. Panna Lal Sharma,
Additional Public Prosecutor
for State with SI Shashi
Respondent No.2 in person
HON’BLE MR. JUSTICE SURESH KUMAR KAIT
1. Vide this petition, petitioners are seeking quashing of FIR
station Roop Nagar, Delhi and all other proceedings arising
2. Notice issued.
3. Mr. Panna Lal Sharma, learned Additional Public Prosecutor
for State accepts notice and submits that respondent No.2 is present
in the Court and she has been identified as the complainant of FIR in
Crl.M.C. 864/2021 Page 1 of 3
question by the Investigating Officer of this case, who is also
present in the Court.
4. With the consent of the parties, the present petition is taken
up for final hearing and disposal.
5. The marriage between petitioner No.1 and respondent No.2
was solemnized on 28.04.2009 and due to temporal differences, the
marriage could not work and they started living separately since
April, 2014. The dispute between the parties culminated into the
FIR in question.
6. The present petition has been filed on the ground that the
parties have amicably settled their dispute in terms of Settlement-
Agreement of 14.01.2021 and are living peacefully together.
7. Learned counsel for the petitioners submits that both the sides
have agreed to abide by the terms of Settlement-Agreement of
8. Respondent No.2 present in the Court submits that she has no
grievance against the petitioners and to enable her to restore cordial
relations with her husband and in-laws, proceedings arising out of
FIR in question be brought to an end.
Crl.M.C. 864/2021 Page 2 of 3
9. Keeping in view that the dispute between the parties has been
amicably resolved, this Court is inclined to quash the FIR in
question, as no useful purpose would be served in continuing with
the proceedings arising out of the present FIR.
10. For the reasons afore noted, FIR No.14/2017, under Sections
and consequent proceedings emanating therefrom are quashed.
11. The petition is accordingly allowed and disposed of.
(SURESH KUMAR KAIT)
March 15, 2021
Crl.M.C. 864/2021 Page 3 of 3