* IN THE HIGH COURT OF DELHI AT NEW DELHI
Date of decision: 27.09.2019
+ CRL.M.C. 4931/2019
SUNIL BHALLA ORS. ….. Petitioner
Through Mr. Amit Kumar, Adv.
STATE ANR. ….. Respondents
Through Mr. Izhar Ahmed, APP for State.
Mr. Sanjeev Manchanda, Adv. for R-
Mr. Amit Kumar, SHO
HON’BLE MR. JUSTICE SURESH KUMAR KAIT
J U D G M E N T (ORAL)
1. Vide the present petition, the petitioners seek quashing of FIR No.
20/2017 dated 11/01/2017 registered at Police Station Binda Pur instituted
for the offences punishable under Sections 498A/Section406/Section34 of the IPC and
consequent proceedings arising therefrom.
2. Notice issued.
CRL.M.C. 4931/2019 Page 1 of 3
3. Notice is accepted by learned APP for the State and counsel for
respondent no.2 and with the consent of the counsel for the parties, the
present petition is taken up for final disposal.
4. Petitioner no.1 and respondent no.2 got married on 29.04.2016 as per
Hindu rites and rituals. Due to extreme incompatibilities between them, they
started living separately.
5. The petitioner No. 1 and respondent no.2 with the intervention of their
well wishers and relatives entered into a settlement before the Meditation
Centre, Dwarka Courts, Delhi on 15.05.2019 wherein they settled all their
6. The complainant is present in person with her counsel and has been
identified by SHO Anil Kumar of Police Station Binda Pur. She submits
that the matter has been settled and she does not wish to pursue the matter
7. The total settlement amount is ₹5,07,000/-(Rupees (Five Lakhs Seven
Thousand only). It is submitted that respondent No. 2 has already received
an amount of ₹4,07,000/- (Rupees Four Lakhs and Seven Thousand Only).
A demand draft bearing No.240809 dated 20.09.2019 for the balance
CRL.M.C. 4931/2019 Page 2 of 3
amount of ₹1,00,000/- (Rupees One Lakh only) is handed over to
respondent No. 2 today in the Court.
8. Taking into account the aforesaid facts, this Court is inclined to quash
the concerned FIR as no useful purpose would be served in prosecuting the
petitioners any further.
9. For the reasons afore-recorded, the FIR No. 20/2017 dated
11/01/2017 registered at Police Station Binda Pur instituted for the offences
punishable under Sections 498A/Section406/Section509 of the IPC and consequent
proceedings therefrom are quashed.
10. The petition is allowed accordingly.
11. Order dasti, under the signature of Court Master.
(SURESH KUMAR KAIT)
SEPTEMBER 27, 2019
CRL.M.C. 4931/2019 Page 3 of 3