* IN THE HIGH COURT OF DELHI AT NEW DELHI
Date of decision: 11.09.2019
+ CRL.M.C. 4541/2019
SURAJ PRAKASH GUPTA ORS. ….. Petitioner
Through Mr. Vinod Kumar Goel and Mr.
Abhinav Singh, Advs.
STATE ANR. ….. Respondent
Through Ms. Reema Roy with Mr. Sharad
Vishnoi, Advs. for R-2
Mr. Izhar Ahmed, APP for State
SI Ramesh Kumar, PS Nihal Vihar
HON’BLE MR. JUSTICE SURESH KUMAR KAIT
J U D G M E N T (ORAL)
1. Vide the present petition, the petitioners seek quashing of FIR No.
508/2018 dated 07.08.2018 registered at Police Station Nihal Vihar
instituted for the offences punishable under Sections 498A/Section406/Section34 of the
IPC and consequent proceedings arising therefrom.
2. Notice issued.
CRL.M.C. 4541/2019 Page 1 of 3
3. Notice is accepted by learned APP for the State and counsel for the
respondent no.2 and with the consent of the counsel for the parties, the
present petition is taken up for final disposal.
4. The petitioner no.1 and respondent no.2 got married on 10.03.2016
as per Hindu rites and rituals. Due to extreme incompatibilities between the
petitioners and respondent no.2, they started living separately from
5. The petitioners and respondent no.2 with the intervention of their
well wishers and relatives entered into an amicable settlement before Delhi
Mediation Centre, Tis Hazari Courts, Delhi vide settlement deed dated
18.12.2018 whereby total settlement amount is ₹3,00,000/-. Respondent
no.2 has received ₹2,00,0000/- and the balance amount of ₹1,00,000/- has
been given to respondent no.2 today in Court vide DD No. 524069 dated
26.08.2019 and settled their disputes amicably.
6. The complainant is present in person with her counsel and has been
identified by SI Ramesh Kumar of Police Station Nihal Vihar and submits
that matter has been settled and she does not wish to prosecute the matter
CRL.M.C. 4541/2019 Page 2 of 3
7. Taking into account the aforesaid facts, this Court is inclined to quash
the concerned FIR as no useful purpose would be served in prosecuting the
petitioners any further.
8. For the reasons afore-recorded, the FIR No. 508/2018 dated
07.08.2018 registered at Police Station Nihal Vihar instituted for the
offences punishable under Sections 498A/Section406/Section509 of the IPC and
consequent proceedings therefrom are quashed.
9. The petition is allowed accordingly.
10. Order dasti.
(SURESH KUMAR KAIT)
SEPTEMBER 11, 2019
CRL.M.C. 4541/2019 Page 3 of 3