HIGH COURT OF JUDICATURE AT ALLAHABAD
?Court No. – 71
Case :- CRIMINAL MISC. BAIL APPLICATION No. – 53211 of 2019
Applicant :- Tarachand
Opposite Party :- State of U.P.
Counsel for Applicant :- Piyush Dubey
Counsel for Opposite Party :- G.A
Hon’ble Saumitra Dayal Singh,J.
1. Heard Sri Piyush Dubey, learned counsel for the applicant as well as Sri Ankit Srivastava, learned AGA for the State and perused the material placed on record.
2. The instant bail application has been filed on behalf of the applicant – Tarachand with a prayer to release him on bail in Case Crime No. – 73 of 2019, under Sections – 354 SectionIPC 7/8 POCSO Act, Police Station – Kotwali, District – Agra, during pendency of trial.
3. Having heard learned counsel for the parties, at present:
(i) the applicant is accused of offence of molestation and offence under POCSO Act, punishable with imprisonment of ten years;
(ii) against FIR lodged on 18.10.2019, the applicant is in confinement since 19.10.2019;
(iii) the applicant claims to have cooperated in the investigation;
(iv) the applicant has no criminal history;
(v) charge-sheet has already been submitted yet there is no hope of early conclusion of the trial;
(vi) on prima facie basis only, it may be noted, according to the applicant, he has been falsely implicated owing to certain disputes between the applicant and mother of the victim;
(vii) in any case, no reasonable apprehension has been brought to the fore by the State and that the applicant, if enlarged on bail would either tamper with the evidence or delay the trial.
4. In view of the above, without expressing any opinion on the final merits of the case, let the applicant involved in the aforesaid crime be released on bail, on his furnishing a personal bond and two sureties each in the like amount, to the satisfaction of the court concerned, with the following conditions:-
(i) The applicant shall not tamper with the prosecution evidence by intimidating/pressuring the witness, during the investigation or trial.
(ii) The applicant shall cooperate in the trial sincerely without seeking any adjournment.
(iii) The applicant shall not indulge in any criminal activity or commission of any crime after being released on bail.
5. In case, of breach of any of the above conditions, the bail being granted shall be cancelled.
6. Identity, status and residence proof of the applicant and sureties be verified by the court concerned before the bonds are accepted.
Order Date :- 2.12.2019