* IN THE HIGH COURT OF DELHI AT NEW DELHI
% Judgment delivered on: 31.08.2018
+ CRL.M.C. 4387/2018
TARUN PANWAR ….. Petitioner
STATE (GOVT OF NCT OF DELHI) ANR….. Respondents
Advocates who appeared in this case:
For the Petitioner : Ms. Latika Chaudhary, Advocate.
For the Respondents: Mr. Sanjeev Sabharwal, APP for the
SI Ram Bhajan, PS Baba Haridas Nagar.
HON’BLE MR JUSTICE SANJEEV SACHDEVA
SANJEEV SACHDEVA, J. (ORAL)
1. The petitioner seeks quashing of FIR No.488/2015 under
Sections 498A/406 IPC, Police Station Baba Haridas Nagar (South
2. On oral prayer of the petitioner, petitioner Nos.2 to 5, who are
the mother, sister and two sons are impleaded as petitioners.
Amended memo of parties along with their supporting affidavits are
taken on record.
CRL.M.C. 4387/2018 Page 1 of 3
3. The subject FIR emanates out of matrimonial discord.
Petitioner No.1 is the husband of respondent No.2. Petitioner No.2 is
the mother-in-law of the respondent No.2. Petitioner Nos.3, 4 and 5
are relations of the Petitioner No. 1.
4. Learned counsel for the petitioners submits that the parties have
resolved their disputes and are amicably residing together as husband
5. The respondent No.2 is present in person and is identified by
the Investigating Officer. She submits that she has amicably resolved
the disputes with her husband and they are now cohabiting together.
She submits that she does not wish to press charges against the
petitioner and has no objection to the quashing of the subject FIR.
6. In view of the fact that the proceedings emanate out of a
matrimonial discord and the parties have fully and finally settled their
disputes and have started living together and further the respondent
No.2 has stated that she does not wish to press the complaint any
further, continuation of criminal proceedings will be an exercise in
futility and justice in the case demands that the dispute between the
parties is put to an end and peace is restored; securing the ends of
justice being the ultimate guiding factor. It would be expedient to
quash the subject FIR and the consequent proceedings emanating
CRL.M.C. 4387/2018 Page 2 of 3
7. In view of the above, the petition is allowed. FIR No.488/2015
under Sections 498A/406 IPC, Police Station Baba Haridas Nagar
(South West) and the consequent proceedings emanating there from
8. Order Dasti under the signatures of the Court Master.
SANJEEV SACHDEVA, J
AUGUST 31, 2018
CRL.M.C. 4387/2018 Page 3 of 3