HIGH COURT OF JUDICATURE AT ALLAHABAD
?Court No. – 34
Case :- CRIMINAL REVISION No. – 152 of 1996
Revisionist :- Tej Singh
Opposite Party :- State Of U.P.
Counsel for Revisionist :- D.K. Dewan
Counsel for Opposite Party :- A.G.A.
Hon’ble Sudhir Agarwal,J.
1. Called in revise. None appeared to press this revision. In the circumstances, I myself have perused the record.
2. This criminal revision under Section 397/Section401 Cr.P.C., has been filed aggrieved by judgement and order dated 22.01.1996 passed by Sri Chandra Bhal Srivastava, Xth Additional Sessions Judge, Agra in Criminal Appeal No. 19 of 1995. The XIth Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate, Agra vide judgement dated 20.01.1995 passed in Case No. 3188 of 1994 convicted accused opposite party and sentenced to undergo six month imprisonment for offence under Section 354 IPC and one year simple imprisonment for offence under Section 452 IPC. Thereagainst, opposite party preferred Criminal Appeal No. 19 of 1995 which was rejected vide impugned judgement dated 22.01.1996 but learned Appellate Court, looking to age of appellant i.e. 62 years, modifying the punishment imposed under Section 452 IPC upon appellant from one year to six month simple imprisonment and maintaining the punishment imposed under Section 354 IPC. Being aggrieved, accused-appellant preferred present revision.
3. Having gone through the record, I do not find any manifest error or otherwise illegality, procedural or otherwise, so as to justify interference in criminal revision.
4. Dismissed. Interim order, if any, stands vacated.
5. Certify this judgment to the lower Court immediately.
Order Date :- 13.9.2019