* IN THE HIGH COURT OF DELHI AT NEW DELHI
% Date of Decision: 16th August, 2017
+ CM(M) 463/2017
VAIBHAV GROVER ….. Petitioner
Through: Mr.Arvind Chaudhary, Ms.Asha
MEHAK KOHLI ….. Respondent
Through: Mr.Ravinder Singh, Mr.Mahesh
Pradhan, Ms.Raveesha Gupta,
Advocates for respondent along with
respondent in person
HON’BLE MR. JUSTICE J.R. MIDHA
1. The petitioner instituted a petition under Section 7 read with Section
25 of the Guardians and Wards Act, 1890 against the respondent on 6th
September, 2016 in which the written statement has not been filed by the
respondent till date.
2. Learned counsel for the respondent submits on instructions from the
respondent present in Court that the respondent shall positively file the
written statement as well as reply to the application under Section 12 of the
Guardians and Wards Act before the learned Family Court within a period of
30 days from today. The statement of learned counsel for the respondent is
taken on record.
3. Learned counsel for the respondent further submits that the
CM(M) 463/2017 Page 1 of 2
respondent shall not seek any adjournment for hearing on the petitioner’s
application under Section 12 of the Guardians and Wards Act on 26 th
October, 2017 fixed before the learned Family Court. Learned counsel for
the respondent further submits that the respondent has also filed two
applications before the learned Family Court which are also listed on 26th
4. Learned counsel for the petitioner submits that he shall file reply to
the applications and would not seek any adjournment for making
submissions on the respondent’s applications before the learned Family
Court on 26th October, 2017.
5. Learned counsel for the respondent submits that the mediation
proceedings are listed before the Court on 26th August, 2017. It is clarified
that the respondent shall remain bound by the statement made before this
Court notwithstanding the pendency of the mediation proceedings.
6. In view of the statements made by learned counsel for both the
parties, the learned Family Court shall proceed to hear the pending
applications on 26th October, 2017, the date already fixed. However, if the
written statement and the reply are not filed within 30 days, the right of the
respondent to file the same shall stand closed.
7. The petition is disposed of in the above terms.
8. Copy of this judgment be given dasti to counsel for the parties under
the signature of the Court Master.
AUGUST 16, 2017 J.R. MIDHA, J.
CM(M) 463/2017 Page 2 of 2