IN THE HIGH COURT OF JUDICATURE AT PATNA
CRIMINAL MISCELLANEOUS No.41784 of 2019
Arising Out of PS. Case No.-677 Year-2018 Thana- NAWADAH COMPLAINT CASE
Vikash Kumar Male, aged about 24 years, S/o Sri Mundrika Turiya @
Munddrika Prasad Resident of Village- Deep Nagar, Kalali Par, P.S.
Deepnagar, District- Nalanda.
… … Petitioner/s
1. The State of Bihar
2. Sweta Kumari, Female, aged about 20 years, W/o Vikash Kumar, D/O
Suresh Turi R/O Village- Akbarpur, Hatiyapar (Bhatbigha), P.S.- Akbarpur,
… … Opposite Party/s
For the Petitioner/s : Mr. Raj Kishor Prasad, Advocate
For the Opposite Party/s : Mr. Rakesh Kumar Mishra, Advocate
For the State : Mr. Jharkhandi Upadhyay, APP
CORAM: HONOURABLE MR. JUSTICE AHSANUDDIN
Date : 16-11-2019
Heard learned counsel for the petitioner; learned APP for
the State and learned counsel for the opposite party no. 2.
2. The petitioner apprehends arrest in connection with
Complaint Case No. 677 of 2018 instituted under Section 498A of
the Indian Penal Code and Section 4 of the Dowry Prohibition Act.
3. The petitioner who is the husband of opposite party
no. 2, is an accused in the case filed by the wife-opposite party no.
4. At the very outset, learned counsel for the parties
submitted that there has been compromise between them.
Patna High Court CR. MISC. No.41784 of 2019 dt.16-11-2019
5. Having regard to the aforesaid, the Court finds that
the petitioner is required to be given protection from arrest as
otherwise it may lead to a situation where door for reconciliation
would be shut.
6. For reasons aforesaid, the application is allowed.
7. The provisional bail granted earlier by order dated
08.07.2019, stands confirmed.
(Ahsanuddin Amanullah, J.)