* IN THE HIGH COURT OF DELHI AT NEW DELHI
% Judgment delivered on:11.09.2018
+ CRL.M.C. 3056/2018
YOGESH SHARMA ….. Petitioner
THE STATE ( GOVT OF NCT OF DELHI) ORS….
Advocates who appeared in this case:
For the Petitioner : Mr.Vinod Kumar, Adv.
For the Respondents : Ms.Neelam Sharma, APP for the State with SI
Madan Lal, P.S.Dabri.
Mr.Suresh Kumar, Adv. for R-2 3.
HON’BLE MR JUSTICE SANJEEV SACHDEVA
SANJEEV SACHDEVA, J. (ORAL)
1. The petitioners seek quashing of FIR No.894/2006 under
Sections 498A/406/34 IPC, Police Station Dabri.
2. The subject FIR emanates out of matrimonial discord.
3. It is informed that the complainant has since expired because of
natural ailments. The petitioner has settled with the parents of the
complainant through the process of mediation held before Delhi
Mediation Centre, Dwarka Courts, Delhi and settlement agreement
CRL.M.C. 3056/2018 Page 1 of 2
dated 20.01.2018 has been executed.
4. The respondents Nos.2 3, parents of the complainant are
present in person, represented by counsel and identified by the
Investigating Officer. They submit that they have settled disputes
with the petitioner and do not wish to press charges against the
petitioner and prosecute the complaint any further.
5. In view of the fact that the proceedings emanate out of a
matrimonial discord and the parties have fully and finally settled their
disputes and the respondent Nos.2 3 have stated that they do not
wish to press the complaint any further, continuation of criminal
proceedings will be an exercise in futility and justice in the case
demands that the dispute between the parties is put to an end and
peace is restored; securing the ends of justice being the ultimate
guiding factor. It would be expedient to quash the subject FIR and the
consequent proceedings emanating therefrom.
6. In view of the above, the petition is allowed. FIR No.894/2006
under Sections 498A/406/34 IPC, Police Station Dabri and the
consequent proceedings emanating there from are quashed.
7. Order Dasti under the signatures of the Court Master.
SEPTEMEBER 11, 2018 SANJEEV SACHDEVA, J
CRL.M.C. 3056/2018 Page 2 of 2