ACTUARIES ACT, 2006
17. President, Vice-President and Honorary Secretary.—
(1) The Council shall, at its first meeting, elect three of its members from amongst persons referred to in clause (a) of sub-section (2) of section 12, to be respectively the President, Vice-President and Honorary Secretary thereof, and as often as the office of the President, Vice-President and Honorary Secretary falls vacant, the Council shall choose one of the member in the same manner:
Provided that the Chairperson of the Council of the Actuarial Society shall continue to hold such office as President after the commencement of this Act, until such time as a President is elected under the provisions of this sub-section.
(2) The President shall be the Chief Executive Officer of the Council.
(3) The President, the Vice-President or the Honorary Secretary shall hold office for a period of two years from the date on which he is chosen provided that he continues to be a member of the Council.
(4) The President and the Vice-President shall, notwithstanding the expiration of his term, continue to hold office until his successor enters upon his office.
(5) In the event of occurrence of any vacancy in the office of the President, the Vice-President shall act as the President until a new President is elected in accordance with the provisions of this section to fill such vacancy and enters upon his office.
(6) When the President is unable to discharge his functions owing to absence, illness or any other cause, the Vice-President shall discharge his functions until the President resumes his duties.