27. Powers of revision of Custodian-General.
(1) The Custodian General may at any time, either on his own motion or on application made to him in this behalf” call for the record of any proceeding in which any 1[* * * *] Custodian has passed an order for the purpose of satisfying himself as to the legality, propriety of any such order and may pass such order in relation thereto as he thinks fit:
Provided that the Custodian-General shall not pass an order under this sub-section prejudicial to any person without giving him a reasonable opportunity of being heard
2[Explanation. -The power conferred on the Custodian-General under this section may be exercised by him in relation to any property, notwithstanding that such property has been acquired under Sec. 12 of the Displaced Persons (Compensation and Rehabilitation) Act, 1954 (44 of 1954).]
3[* * * * *]
1. Omitted by Act 91 of 1956, Sec. 9, for the words “District Judge or” (w.e.f. 22nd October. 1956).
2. Ins. by Act I of 1960, Sec. 5.
3. Omitted by Act 91 of 1956. Sec. 9., for sub- sections (1 -A). (2) and (3)