48. Recovery of certain sums as arrears of land revenue.
1[48. Recovery of certain sums as arrears of land revenue.
(1) Any sum payable to the Government or the Custodian in respect of any evacuee property, under any agreement, express or implied, lease or other document or otherwise howsoever, may be recovered in the same manner as an arrear of land revenue. ,
(2) If any question arises whether a sum is payable to the Government or to the Custodian within the meaning of sub-section (1), the Custodian shall, after making such inquiry as he may deem fit, and giving to the person by whom the sum is alleged to be payable an opportunity of being heard, decide the question; and the decision of the Custodian shall, subject to any appeal or revision under this Act, be final and shall not be called in question by any Court or other authority.
(3) For the purposes of this section, a sum shall be deemed to be payable to the Custodian, notwithstanding that its recovery is barred by the Indian Limitation Act, 1908 (9 of 1908)2 or any other law for the time being in force relating to limitaion of actions.]
1. Subs. by Act 91 of 1956. Sec. 12., for the original section (w.e.f. 22nd October, 1956).
2. See now the Limitation Act, 1963.