23. RIGHT OF APPLICANT TO TAKE ASSISTANCE OF LEGAL PRACTITIONER AND OF GOVERNMENT, ETC., TO APPOINT PRESENTING OFFICERS. –
(1) A person making an application to a Tribunal under this Act may either appear in person or take the assistance of a legal practitioner of his choice to present his case before the Tribunal.
(2) The Central Government or a State Government or a local or other authority or corporation 1or society, to which the provisions of sub-section
(3) of section 14 or sub-section (3) of section 15 apply, 2may authorise one or more legal practitioners or any of its officers to act as presenting officers and every person so authorised by it may present its case with respect to any application before a Tribunal.
1. Ins. by Act 19 of 1986, sec. 16 (w.r.e.f. 22-1-1986).
2. Subs. by Act 19 of 1986, sec. 16, for certain words (w.r.e.f. 22-1-1986).