The Advocates Act, 1961
Section.26. Disposal of an application for admission as an Advocate.
(1) State Bar Council shall refer every application for admission as an advocate to its enrolment committee, and subject to the provisions of sub-section (2) and (3),1[and to any direction that may be given in writing by the State Bar Council in this behalf] such committee shall dispose of the application in the prescribed manner:
2[Provided that the Bar Council of India may, if satisfied, either on a reference made to it in this behalf or otherwise, that any person has got his name entered on the roll of advocates by misrepresentation as to an essential fact or by fraud or undue influence, remove the name of such person from the roll of advocates after giving him an opportunity of being heard.]
(2) Where the enrolment committee of State Bar Council proposes to refuse any such application, it shall refer the application for opinion to the Bar Council of India and every such reference shall be accompanied by a statement of the grounds in support of the refusal of the application.
(3) The enrolment committee of State Bar Council shall dispose of any application referred to the Bar Council of India under sub-section (2) in conformity with the opinion of the Bar Council of India.
1[(4) Where the enrolment committee of a State Bar Council has refused any application for admission as an advocate on its roll, the State Bar Council shall as soon as may be, send intimation to all other State Bar Councils about such refusal stating the name, address and qualifications of the person whose application was refused and the grounds for the refusal.]
1. Ins. By Act 21 No. of 1964 sec. 14
2. Added by Act No.21 of l964. sec. 14