The Advocates Act, 1961
Section. 28. Power to make rules.
(1) A State Bar Council may make rules to carry out the purposes of this Chapter.
(2) In particular, and without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing power, such rules may provide for-
1[(a) The time within which and form in which an advocate shall express his intention for the entry of his name in the roll of a State bar Council under Section 20;]
2[(b) * * *]
(c) The form in which an application shall be made to the Bar Council for admission as an advocate on its roll and the manner in which such application shall be disposed of by the enrolment committee of the Bar Council;
(d) The conditions subject to which a person may be admitted as an advocate on any such roll:
(e) The instilments in which the enrolment fee may be paid.
(3) No rules made under this Chapter shall have effect unless the Bar Council of India has approved them.
1. Clause (a) subs. by Act No. 60 of 1973 sec 21.
2. Clause (b) Omitted by Act No. 60 of 1973 sec. 21 (w.e.f. 31-1-1974).