1. Short title, extent and commencement.—
(1) This Act may be called the Advocates’ Welfare Fund Act, 2001.
(2) It extends to the whole of India.
(3) It shall come into force on such date 1 as the Central Government may, by notification, appoint; and different dates may be appointed for different provisions of this Act and for different States, and any reference in any such provision to the commencement of this Act shall be construed in relation to any State as a reference to the coming into force of that provision in that State.
1. Came into force w.e.f. 1-11-2001 in the whole of India except the states in which the enactments specified in Schedule II of the Act are applicable, Vide S.O. 946 (E), dated 26th September, 2001.