The Airports Economic Regulatory Authority Of India Act,2008
4. Composition of Authority
(1) The Authority shall consist of a Chairperson and two other Members to be appointed by the Central Government: Provided that whenever the Authority is deciding a matter involving a civil enclave in a defence airfield, there shall be an additional Member, not below the rank of Additional Secretary to the Government of India, to be nominated by the Ministry of Defence.
(2) The Chairperson and Members of the Authority shall be appointed by the Central Government from amongst persons of ability and integrity having adequate knowledge of, and professional experience in, aviation, economics, law, commerce or consumer affairs: Provided that a person who is or has been in the service of Government shall not be appointed as a Member unless such person has held the post of Secretary or Additional Secretary to the Government of India or any equivalent post in the Central or State Government for a total period of not less than three years.
(3) The Chairperson and other Members shall be whole-time Members.
(4) The Chairperson or other Members shall not hold any other office.
(5) The Chairperson shall be the Chief Executive of the Authority.
(6) The Chairperson and other Members of the Authority shall be appointed by the Central Government on the recommendation of Selection Committee referred to in section 5.