The Airports Economic Regulatory Authority Of India Act,2008
5. Constitution of Selection Committee to recommend Members
(1) The Central Government shall, for the purpose of sub-section (6) of section 4 constitute a Selection Committee consisting of the following, namely:-
(a) Cabinet Secretary – Chairman;
(b) Secretary, in the Ministry of Civil Aviation – Member;
(c) Secretary, Department of Legal Affairs in the Ministry of Law and Justice – Member;
(d) Secretary, in the Ministry of Defence – Member;
(e) One expert to be nominated by the Ministry of Civil Aviation – Member.
(2) The Central Government shall within one month from the date of occurrence of any vacancy by reason of death, resignation or removal of the Chairperson or a Member and six months before the superannuation or end of tenure of the Chairperson or any Member, make a reference to the Selection Committee for filling up of the vacancy.
(3) The Selection Committee shall finalise the selection of the Chairperson and Members within one month from the date on which the reference is made to it.
(4) The Selection Committee shall recommend a panel of two names for every vacancy referred to it.
(5) Before recommending any person for appointment as a Chairperson or other Member of the Authority, the Selection Committee shall satisfy itself that such person does not have any financial or other interest which is likely to affect prejudicially his functions as a Member.
(6) No appointment of the Chairperson or other Member shall be invalid merely by reason of any vacancy in the Selection Committee.