The Agricultural And Processed Food Products Export Development Authority Act,1985
7. Secretary of the Authority and other staff
(1) The Central Government shall appoint a Secretary to the Authority who shall exercise such powers and perform such duties as may be prescribed or as may be delegated to him by the Chairman.
(2) The Secretary shall be entitled to such salary and allowances and shall be subject to such conditions of service in respect of leave, pension, provident fund and such other matters as may, from time to time, be fixed by the Central Government.
(3) Subject to such control and restrictions as may be prescribed, the Authority may appoint such other officers and employees, as may be necessary, for the efficient performance of its functions and the method of appointment, the scale of pay and allowances and other conditions of service of such other officers and employees of the Authority shall be such as may be provided by the Authority by regulations.
(4) The Chairman, the Secretary and other officers and employees of the Authority shall not undertake any work unconnected with their duties under this Act except with the permission of the Central Government.