8. Appointment of officers and other employees of the Corporations.—
(1) For the purpose of enabling it efficiently to discharge its functions under this Act each of the Corporations shall appoint a 1[managing director] and, subject to such rules as may be prescribed in this behalf, may also appoint such number of other officers and employees as it may think necessary:
Provided that the appointment of the 1[managing director] and such other categories of officers as may be specified after consultation with the Chairman in such rules shall be subject to the approval of the Central Government.
(2) Subject to the provisions of section 20, every person employed by each of the Corporations shall be subject to such conditions of service and shall be entitled to such remuneration and privileges as may be determined by regulations made by the Corporation by which he is employed.
(3) Neither the 1[managing director] nor such other employee of either of the Corporations as may be specified in this behalf by the Central Government shall, during his service in the Corporation, be employed in any capacity whatsoever or directly or indirectly have any interest in any air transport undertaking other than an undertaking of either of the Corporations, or in any other undertaking which is interested in any contract with either of the Corporations.
Each corporation is empowered to appoint a General Manager and such other officers and employees it may deem necessary for its smooth & efficient functioning.
1. Subs. by Act 49 of 1971, sec. 5 (w.e.f. 1-2-1972).