Air Force Act,1950
137. Examination of a witness on commission.
(1) The prosecutor and the accused person in any case in which a commission is issued under section 136 may respectively forward any interrogatories in writing which the court may think relevant to the issue, and the magistrate or officer executing the commission shall examine the witness upon such interrogatories.
(2) The prosecutor and the accused person may appear before such magistrate or officer by counsel or except in the case of an accused person in custody, in person, and may examine, cross-examine and re-examine, as the case may be, the said witness.
(3) After a commission issued under section 136 has been duly executed, it shall be returned, together with the deposition of the witness examined thereunder to the Chief Legal Adviser.
(4) On receipt of a commission and deposition returned under sub-section (3), the Chief Legal Adviser shall forward the same to the court at whose instance the commission was issued or, if such court has been dissolved, to any other court convened for the trial of the accused person; and the commission, the return thereto and the deposition shall be open to inspection by the prosecutor and the accused person, and may, subject to all just exceptions, be fread in evidence in the case by either the prosecutor or the accused, and shall form part of the proceedings of the court.
(5) In every case in which a commission is issued under section 136, the trial may be adjourned for a specified time reasonably sufficient for the execution and return of the commission.