The Ancient Monuments Preservation Act,1904
23. Power to make rules
(1) The 1[Central Government] 2* *may make rules3 for carrying out any of the purposes of this Act.
(2) The power to make rules given by this section is subject to the condition of the rules being made after previous publication.
1. Subs. by the A.O. 1937, for “G.G. in C.” .
2. The words “or the L.G.” rep. by the A.O. 1937.
3. For rules made by the Mad. Govt. before the 1st April 1937, for the decipherment, publication, and custody of Indian inscriptions on
stone and copper, see Mad. R. and O.