Andhra Pradesh Administrative Tribunal (Procedure) Rules, 1989
5. Presentation and scrutiny of application
(1) The Registrar or the officer authorised by him under rule 4, shall endorse on every application the date on which it is presented or deemed to have been presented under that rule and shall sign the endorsement.
(2) If, on scrutiny, the application is found to be in order, it shall be duly registered and given a serial number.
(3) If the application, on scrutiny, is found to be defective and the defect noticed is formal in nature, the Registrar may allow the party to rectify the same in his presence, and if the said defect is not formal in nature, the Registrar may allow the applicant such time to rectify the defect as he may deem fit.
(4) If the applicant fails to rectify the defect within the time allowed under sub-rule (3), the Registrar may, by order and for reasons to be recorded in writing, decline to register the application and inform the applicant accordingly.
(5) An appeal against the order passed under sub-rule (4) may be referred by the person aggrieved within fifteen days from the date of such order to the Chairman in the case of Principal Bench and to the Vice-Chairman concerned, in the case of any other Bench and such appeal may be dealt with and disposed of in Chamber by the Chairman or the Vice-Chairman concerned or in their absence any Member authorized by the Chairman by special or general order, whose decision thereon shall be final.