Apprentices Act, 1961
23. AUTHORITIES. –
(1) In addition to the Government, there shall be the following authorities under this Act, namely :-
(a) The National Council,
(b) The Central Apprenticeship Council,
(c) The State Council,
(d) The State Apprenticeship Council,
1(e) The All India Council,
(f) The Regional Boards,
(g) The Boards or State Councils of Technical Education,
2(h) The Central Apprenticeship Adviser, and
2(i) The State Apprenticeship Adviser.
(2) Every State Council shall be affiliated to the National Council and every State Apprenticeship Council shall be affiliated to the Central Apprenticeship Council.
1(2A) Every Board or State Council of Technical Education and every Regional Board shall be affiliated to the Central Apprenticeship Council.
(3) Each of the authorities specified in sub-section (1) shall, in relation to apprenticeship training under this Act, perform such functions as are assigned to it by or under this Act or by the Government :
Provided that a State Council shall also perform such functions as are assigned to it by the National Council and the State Apprenticeship Council and the Board or State Council of Technical Education shall also perform such functions as are assigned to it by the Central Apprenticeship Council.
1. Ins. by Act 27 of 1973, sec. 17 (w.e.f. 1-12-1974).
2. Clauses (e) and (f) re-lettered as clauses (h) and (i) respectively by Act 27 of 1973, sec. 17 (w.e.f. 1-12-1974).