18. CONSTITUTION OF STATE WELFARE BOARDS. –
(1) Every State Government shall, with effect from such date as it may, by notification, appoint, constitute a Board to be known as the … (name of the State) Building and other Construction Workers’ Welfare Board to exercise the powers conferred on, and perform the functions assigned to it, under this Act.
(2) The Board shall be a body corporate by the name aforesaid, having perpetual succession and a common seal and shall by the said name sue and be sued.
(3) The Board shall consist of a Chairperson, a person to be nominated by the Central Government and such number of other members, not exceeding fifteen, as may be appointed to it by the State Government :
Provided that the Board shall include an equal number of members representing the State Government, the employers and the building workers and that at least one member of the Board shall be a woman.
(4) The terms and conditions of appointment and the salaries and other allowances payable to the chairperson and the other members of the Board, and the manner of filling of casual vacancies of the members if the Board, shall be such as may be prescribed.