The Biological Diversity Act,2002
20. Transfer of biological resource or knowledge
(1) No person who has been granted approval under section 19 shall transfer any biological resource or knowledge associated thereto which is the subject matter of the said approval except with the permission of the National Biodiversity Authority.
(2) Any person who intends to transfer any biological resource or knowledge associated thereto referred to in sub-section (1) shall make an application in such form and in such manner as may be prescribed to the National Biodiversity Authority.
(3) On receipt of an application under sub-section (2), the National Biodiversity Authority may, after making such enquiries as it may deem fit and if necessary after consulting an expert committee constituted for this purpose, by order, grant approval subject to such terms and conditions as it may deem fit, including the imposition of charges by way of royalty or for reasons to be recorded in writing, reject the application:
Provided that no such order for rejection shall be made without giving an opportunity of being heard to the person affected.
(4) The National Biodiversity Authority shall give public notice of every approval granted by it under this section.