The Charitable Endowments Act,1890
THE CHARITABLE ENDOWMENTS,ACT,1890*
ACT No.6 OF 18901
An Act to provide for the vesting and administration of property held in trust for charitable purposes.
Whereas, it isexpedient to provide forthe vesting and administration of property, held in trust for charitable purposes; It is hereby enacted as follows :-
Section 1. Title, extent and commencement
(1) This Act may be called the Charitable Endowments Act,1890.
(2) It extends to the whole of India,2[ except the State of Jammu and Kashmir], 3[ * * * *]; and
(3) It shall come into force on the first day of October,1890.
.This Act shall not apply to any wakf to which the Wakf Act,1954 (29 of 1954) applies, vide’s. 69.
1. For Statement of Objects and Reasons, see Gazette of India,1889. Pt. V. P. 137; for Report of the SelectCommittee. see ibid.. 1890, p. 65; and for Proceedings in Council. see ibid.,1889, Pt. VI, pp. 117 and 190, and ibid.. 1890. Pt. VI, p. 37.
2. Subs. by Act 3 of 1951. s. 3 and Sch. “except for Part B States”.
3. The words “inclusive of British Baluchistan” omitted by the A. O. 1948.