The Cinematograph Act, 1952
3. Board of Film Censors —
13. Board of Film Censors
(1) For the purpose of sanctioning films for public exhibition, the Central Government may, by notification in the official Gazette, constitute a Board to be called the 2[Board of Film Certification which shall consist of a Chairman and 3not less than twelve and not more than twenty five] other members appointed by the Central Government.
(2) The Chairman of the Board shall receive such salary and allowance as may be determined by the Central Government, and the other members shall receive such allowances or fees for attending the meetings of the Board as may be prescribed.
(3) The other terms and conditions of service of the members of the Board shall be such as may be prescribed
1. Section 3, 4, 5, 5A, 5B, 5C and 6 subs. by Act 3 of 1959, sec. 4, for sections 3, 4, 5 and 6 (w.e.f. 12-3-1959).
2. Subs. by Act 49 of 1981, sec. 3, for “Board of Film Censors” (w.e.f. 1-6-1983)
3. Subs. by Act 49 of 1981, sec. 3, for “not more than nine” (w.e.f. 1-6-1983).