The Cinematograph Act, 1952
5. ADVISORY PANELS-. –
15.ADVISORY PANELS-(1) For the purpose of enabling the Board of efficiently discharge its functions under this Act, the Central Government may establish at such regional centers as it thinks fit, advisory panels each of which shall consist of such number of persons being persons qualified in the opinion of the Central Government may think fit to appoint thereto.
(2) At each regional center there shall be as many regional officers as the Central Government may think fit to appoint and rule made in this behalf may provide for the association of regional officers in the examination of films.
(3) The Board may consult in such manner as may be prescribed any advisory panel in respect of any film for which an application for a certificate has been made.
(4) It shall be the duty of every such advisory panel whether acting as a body or in committees as may be provided in the rules made in this behalf to examine the film and to make such recommendations to the Board as it thinks fit.
(5) The members of the advisory panel shall not be entitled to any salary but shall receive such fees or allowances as may be prescribed.
1. Section 3, 4, 5, 5A, 5B, 5C and 6 subs. by Act 3 of 1959, sec. 4, for sections 3, 4, 5 and 6 (w.e.f. 12-3-1959).