Civil Procedure Code 1908
8. Presidency Small Cause Courts.
Save as provided in sections 24, 38 to 41, 75, clauses (a), (b) and (c), 76 1[77,157 and 158], and by the Presidency Small Cause Courts Act, 1882, (15 of 1882) the provisions in the body of this Code shall not extend to any suit or proceedings in any Court of Small Causes established in the towns of Calcutta, Madras and Bombay :
2[Provided that –
(1) the High Courts of Judicature at Fort William Madras and Bombay, as the case may be, may from time to time, by notifications in the Official Gazette, direct that any such provisions not inconsistent with the express provisions of the Presidency Small Cause Courts Act, 1882, (15 of 1882) and with such modifications and adaptation as may be specified in the notification, shall extend to suits or proceedings or any class of suits or proceedings in such Court:
(2) all rules heretofore made by any of the said High Courts under section 9 of the Presidency Small Cause Courts Act, 1882 (15 of 1882) shall be deemed to have been validly made.]
Gujarat– In section 8, in the opening para, After the words “Calcutta, Madras and Bombay” insert the words “and in the City of Ahmedabad”.
[Vide Gujarat Act No. 32 of 1961, sec. 21 and Sch. (1-11-1961)].
1. Subs, by Act No. 104 of 1976 for “77 and 155 to 158” (w.e.f. 1-2-1977).
2. Added by Act 1 of 1914, sec. 2