12. Power to make rules –
(1) The appropriate Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, make rules to carry out the purpose of this Act.
(2) In particular, and without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing power, such rules may provide for all or any of the following matters, namely:-
(a) The term of office and the conditions of service of the members of the Commission
(b) The manner is which inquires may be held under this Act and the procedure to be followed by the Commission in respect of the proceedings before it.
(c) The powers of civil court which may be vested in the Commission
1(cc) [ Note: Ins. by Act 79 of 1971, sec. 14.] The traveling and other expenses payable to assessors appointed under section 5B, and to person summoned by the Commission to give evidence or to produce documents before it.
(a) Any other matter which has to be, or may be, prescribed.
2(3) Every rule made by the Central Government under this section shall be laid, as soon as may be after it is made, before each House of Parliament while it is in session for a total period of thirty days which may be comprised in one session or 3( in two or more successive sessions, and if, before the expiry of the session immediately following the session or the successive sessions aforesaid) both Houses agree in making any modification in the rule or both Houses agree that the rule should not be made, the rule shall thereafter have effect only in such modified form or be of no effect, as the case may be, so however, that any such modification or annulment shall be without prejudice to the validity of anything previously done under that rule.
4(4) Every rule made by the State Government under this section shall be laid, as soon as may be after it is made, before the Legislature.
1. Ins. by Act 63 of 1988, sec. 4 (w.e.f. 10-12-1988).
2. Ins. by Act 79 of 1971, sec. 14 (w.e.f. 30-12-1971).
3. Subs. by Act 4 of 1986, sec. 2 and Sch., for certain words (w.e.f. 15-5-1986).
4. Ins. by Act 4 of 1986, sec. 2 and Sch. (w.e.f. 15-5-1986).
Previous | href=”cia-rule1.htm”>Next