5A. Power of Commission to utilise the service of certain officers and investigation agencies for conducting investigation pertaining in inquiry –
1 (1) The Commission may, for the purpose of conducting any investigation pertaining to the inquiry, utilise the service,-
(a) In the case of a Commission appointed by the Central Government, of any officer or investigation agency of the Central Government or any State Government, as the case may be, or
(b) In the case of a Commission appointed by the State Government, of any officer or investigation agency of the State Government or Central Government with the concurrence of the State Government or the Central Government, as the case may be –
(2) For the purpose of investigation into any matter pertaining to the inquiry, any officer or agency whose services are utilised under sub section (1) may , subject to the direction and control of the Commission.
(a) Summon and enforce the attendance of any person and examine him
(b) Require the discovery and production of any document, and
(c) Requisition any public record or copy thereof form any office
(3) The provisions of section 6 shall apply in relation to any statement made by a person before any officers or agency whose services are utilised under sub section (1) as they apply in relation to any statement made by a person in the course of giving evidence before the commission.
(4) The officer or agency, whose services are utilised sub section (1) shall investigation into any matter pertaining to the inquiry and submit a report thereon (hereafter in this section referred to as the investigation report) to the Commission within such period as may be specified by the Commission in this behalf.
(5) The Commission shall satisfy itself about the correctness of the facts stated and the conclusions, if any, arrived at in the investigation report submitted to it under sub section 94),and for this purpose the Commission may make such inquiry (including the examination of the person persons who conducted or assisted in the investigation) as it thinks fit.
1. Ins. by Act 79 of 1971, sec. 8 (w.e.f. 30-12-1971).