Laws and Bare Acts of India at

MyNation Foundation Online Law Library

Section 205B – The Companies Act,1956

The Companies Act, 1956

205B. Payment of unpaid or unclaimed dividend

1[205B. Payment of unpaid or unclaimed dividend.

Any person claiming to be entitled to any money transferred under sub-section (5) of section 205A to the general revenue account of the Central Government, may apply to the Central Government for an order for payment of the money claimed; and the Central Government may, if satisfied, whether on a certificate by the company or otherwise, that such person is entitled to the whole or any part of the money claimed, make an order for the payment to that person of the sum due to him after taking such security from his as it may think fit:]

2[Provided that nothing contained in this section shall apply to any person claiming to be entitled to any money transferred to the Fund referred to in section 205C on and after the commencement of the Companies (Amendment) Act, 1999.]


1. Ins. by Act 41 of 1974, sec. 19 (w.e.f. 1-2-1975).

2. Ins. by Act 21 of 1999, sec. 11 (w.r.e.f. 31-10-1998).

Previous | Next

The Companies Act, 1956

Indian Laws – Bare Acts


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Copyright © 2022 Laws and Bare Acts of India at

Free Legal Help, Just WhatsApp Away

MyNation HELP line

We are Not Lawyers, but No Lawyer will give you Advice like We do

Please read Group Rules – CLICK HERE, If You agree then Please Register CLICK HERE and after registration  JOIN WELCOME GROUP HERE

We handle Women Centric biased laws like False Section 498A IPC, Domestic Violence(DV ACT), Divorce, Maintenance, Alimony, Child Custody, HMA 24, 125 CrPc, 307, 312, 313, 323, 354, 376, 377, 406, 420, 497, 506, 509; TEP, RTI and many more…

MyNation FoundationMyNation FoundationMyNation Foundation