The Companies Act, 1956
39. Copies of memorandum and articles, etc., to be given to members.
(1) A company shall, on being so required by a member, send to him within seven days of the requirement and subject to the payment of a fee of one rupee, a copy each of the following documents as in force for the time being
(b)the articles, if any;
(d)every other agreement and every resolution referred to in section 192, if and insofar as they have not been embodied in the memorandum or articles.
(2) If a company makes default in complying with the requirements of this section, the company, and every officer of the company who is in default, shall be punishable, for each offence, with fine which may extend to 2[five hundred rupees].
1. Clause (c) omitted by Act 53 of 2000, sec. 10 (w.e.f. 13-12-2000).
2. Subs. by Act 53 of 2000, sec. 10, for “fifty rupees” (w.e.f. 13-12-2000).